Re: latitude/longitude import

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:55:17 +0100

If you are going to query the data based on distance between points, or general proximity, you probably ought to start by looking at the spatial data cartridge
before you get too stuck into normal
table representations.

--

Jonathan Lewis

    sam.petitto_at_netsec.net wrote in message = <3784FA6B.4A213116_at_netsec.net>...

    I have a requirement to create/load an 8i NT DB with the = geographical location of every point on earth.

    Sounds more dramatic than it is. Degrees, minutes, and seconds are = what I have to store. All data is on

    CD in ASCII format. I need to figure out how to design the tables & = import the data. Will be used for

    very heavy OLTP application. Any conceptual or design = ideas/experience would be very helpful. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 14:55:17 CDT