Re: Block Size Question

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:50:12 -0400

Oracle's Default Block Size is 2K irrespective of Solaris Block Size. You should be sizing the Oracle Block Size depending upon U'r Application viz OLTP, OLAP etc .

I would suggest a Block Size of 2K or 4K for OLTP and 4K or 8K or even 16K for DataWarehousing Applications and not decide based on the OS Filesystem Block Size..

-Thiru