JDBC 8.1.6 not working with Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux

From: Kevin burton <burton_at_relativity.yi.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 19:34:48 GMT

I have not been able to get ANY JDBC driver to work on Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux.

It turns out the 8.0.4 driver isn't fully supported under 8.0.5. It works some of the time and then magically it stops working.

I tried the 8.1.6 drivers (thin) but I get this message:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation

When I lookup the error message the recommendation is:

"Upgrade the older version of Oracle and try again"

According to the 8.1.6 driver README it is backward compatible to 8.0.5. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 14:34:48 CDT