Re: Oracle 8i for unix mount points

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:31:21 -0400

Symbolic Links do help in Structuring the Oracle & Database Installations.

But the Main point is I/O Separation between Data,Indexes,Rollback Segments,Temp , Redolog files.
Using a Volume manager really helps in flexible administration and Performance.

Create the Directory Structure such that it permits multiple Databases,Multiple oracle versions, Backup points , Scripts etc..

-Thiru