Re: 3 Oracle80.exe processes are running

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:09:32 +0200

Hi Rob,

Are you looking at processes or at threads. Oracle is implemented as multiple threading. Typically you would see 7 threads
mandatory
PMON
SMON
DBWR
LGWR
optional
RECO
CKPT
ARCH
Those should show in the v$session and v$process views in svrmgr30 You should have three services
OracleServices<yoursid>
OracleStart<yoursid>
OracleTNSlistener
Of course this all assumes you only have one instance/database

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA