Re: Oracle 8i Tools usable in germany ?

From: Ulrich Kaemmerer <U.Kaemmerer_at_Creon-IT.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:43:29 +0200

I have re-installed Oracle 8i and Enterprise Manager. During the Installation of Oracle 8i it is possible to choose a language for the Oracle client. SQLPlus is ok now.

The Enterprise-Manager has only one language to choose - english !!! After installation it is still not possible to hit a @ key or a | key . In Oracle 8.0.x - Enterprise manager it was possible !

The ALT xxx is a possible workaround. But what shall i say to my customer ? Sorry, but in Oracle-Tools you are not able to hit |. So please use an Editor
and copy the text from it into the SqlWorksheet ?

I told them to use Oracle 8i, because in my opinion it is one of the best databases.

Does anybody know if there is a patch or a extension to the Enterprise manager ?

Thanks,
Ulrich Kaemmerer Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 10:43:29 CDT