Re: Anyone got a simple script to detect full tables?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:26:41 +0100

In article <3784B2BD.68B598EF_at_Unforgettable.com>, Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> writes
>Define "full". Do you mean tables that have reached (or approaching) max
>extents?

Yes.

>Do you mean tables that would cause failures if they grab
>another extent because they would deplete the tablespace?

Yes.

>Oracle really
>doesn't have any concept such as a full table. You really can't say that
>a table can only have a certain number or rows. With unlimited extents
>on a table and auto extend on the tablespace then you have to start
>looking at the file systems where the data files reside. Beyond that,
>you would also have to examine any indexes to see if they are up against
>a limit on extents or space.
>
>So, by definition the possability of a "simple" script existing is
>essentially nil.

Exactly - I started on one and decided that the end user would never understand the figures put out. However, I'm mainly interested in tables that are near or at their max extents, or whose next extent will not fit the tablespace.

Andy