Re: Job queue Question

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 20:06:05 GMT

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 19:31:48 GMT, amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I put a job into the job queue with this command:
>
>VARIABLE jobno number;
>begin
> DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno,
> 'cash_man.water_pull;',
> sysdate,
> 'sysdate + 18/24');
> commit;
>end;
>/
>
>I want the job to run everyday at 6:00pm.......this is not happening.
>Can someone help me out with the interval??

Sure. From the spec of dbms_job

<quote>

So basically, your jobs is set to run every 18 hours. What you want is...

VARIABLE jobno number;
begin
  DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno,

                  'cash_man.water_pull;',
                   trunc( sysdate ) + 18/24,
                  'sysdate');

  commit;
end;
/

This schedules the job to run at 6PM today and everyday after at 6PM.

hope this helps,

chris.

>Please cc a copy to email....
>
>Thanks,
>
>Arthur
>amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation
clbeck_at_us.oracle.com
Reston, VA.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 15:06:05 CDT