Re: Oracle Replication and Parallel Server

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:29:38 -0700

Ajax

There are a number of questions which arose in my mind on reading this, and I can't give you a direct answer as a result. But here's some comments to start out with:

  1. If you're already using a messaging product (MQSeries), why even bother looking at using another (which is what replication is under the covers)?
  2. In any case, replication and probably MQSeries may not be able to handle a load like 3 million hits per hour. Have you done any volume testing to check this?
  3. OPS is primarily an availability tool to my way of thinking. It can give you higher performance as well, but I'd be surprised if the application was designed with OPS in mind. In this case, you may end up with performance degradation if you're hitting OPS from multiple nodes.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete