Re: chained rows

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:12:53 GMT

HI -

Be careful !!!

If you only analyze some tables, the joined queries with some analyzed and some non-analyzed tables/views may slow down tremendously, depending on the parameter OPTIMIZER_MODE in your init.ora file. It mainly slows down for rule based optimizer, but apparently works great for COB or cost based optimizer.

I would suggest either you analyze all the tables or none at all. There is package
dbms_utility.analyze_schema to analyze all tables in a schema.

Suresh Bhat
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oraclefuru_at_mailcity.com

farrellyr_at_my-deja.com wrote in article <7ltrcu$pe8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...