804 Memory Usage on NT

From: <djbecker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:46:15 GMT

My Oracle server seems to be using much more memory than I think it should. The server has 256MB of RAM, and I am dedicating 96MB to DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS and 96MB to SHARED_POOL (192MB total). I currently have 111 logins and the total PGA/UGA for them is apprx 38MB. The V$SGA and V$SGASTAT views seem to pretty much agree with the above figures.

However, NT is reporting that the Oracle process "Mem Usage" is 231164 K, and the "VM Size" is 269040 K. I have been having a problem running out of virtual memory. Is there someone who can tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks
Dean Becker

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 10:46:15 CDT