Run Oracle without transactions?

From: Anita <anitha_at_mbox5.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:40:58 +0800

Hi,

Is there a way to switch off transactions on the Oracle database( run the database without transactions)?
We have a utitlity loading a large amount of data( we do not want to use SQL loader, we should be able to do it with SQL statements) that cannot define a logical commit point, and the data is too huge for any big roll back segment to hold. So we are looking for an option where we can turn off the transactions on the database.

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 09:40:58 CDT