How to remove an Oracle 8i instance on HP-UX 11 ?

From: Thorsten <anonymous_at_web.remarq.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:45:49 -0800

We installed the Oracle 8i database server on HP-UX 11. The installation has been successful.
We created a database instance and afterwards we wanted to recreate it. When we deleted the old instance, we were not able to recreate it because the DB-Assistant says that the instance with that name already exists. Question: How can we remove the instance that OraInstaller does not know it anymore?