Re: Installing OAS problems

From: Jang <jang5192_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:33:47 GMT

In article <3780F869.3B32AE83_at_crowntech.co.uk>,   William Shenfield <william.shenfield_at_crowntech.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Help - I have been trying to install the Version 4.0.7 of the Oracle
> Application Server on an NT V.4 with service pack 5. I already have
> the Oracle8.0.5 Enterprise Edition Installed and working, so I'm
sharing
> sharing the ORACLE HOME.
>
> Every time I install OAS and try to start it the ORB fails to load,
via
> the http gui I receive the following message:
>
> OWS-20214: The OAS process can not be started, because the CORBA
orb
> processes can not be started.
>
> When starting by hand "owsctl start -T -orb", the following error
> message is displayed:
>
> Waiting for ORB to be ready....
> ORB not responding, please restart manually...
>
> Using oasnetconf util to display network params etc... reports the
> following error:
>
> Error: Unable to read site.app. or site.app corrupted.
>
> Any help in getting the OAS started will be appreciated,
>
> Regards William.
>
> PS: This is running on a local network with DNS, so no domain name if
> this
> is important.

I installed OAS 4.0.7 and added the patch 4.0.7.1. I'm running on NT SP5, with Oracle 8.0.5. Some problems still occur, but it runs.

Most important of all is not to rely on the NodeManager facility. There are some problems with it under SP4 and SP5 - Oracle support told me. It's better to start things manually with owsctl if you can't get them to work with the nodemanager.

My cartridges don't start automatically because 'a network failure occurred before the transaction was completed' occurs in the nodemanager listener log. This indicates that the nodemanager is not running ok. After starting the cartridge manually, it runs fairly well up to now.

I experienced problems running stand alone. This problem was caused by my network settings. Adding some fake ip-addresses declaring my computer's networkname, switching off DNS and DHCP and assigning a fixed IP-address did the job.
Maybe you should try the same; make it work stand alone with fixed address, connect it to your DNS-network later.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 04:33:47 CDT