Re: Table ownership

From: karsten reincke <kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:37:34 +0200

Alan Lee wrote:

> Is is possible to have only select privilege on the owner tables ?
> I don't want the owner to have insert and delete privilege on his
> own tables. I tried to set system privilege to select any but
> still can't seem to work.

hello;

the answer is: no. the owner of the schema-objects can grant (and disgrant) all rights and he has (and must have!) therefore all rights.

please forgive me, but your wish seems to be a littlebit silly. if it's nescessary for you to do so, you have a fault in your data-base design, especially in your user-scenario. solution: create an owner of the tables (we are not only using a database-administrator but a table-administrator, who has the right to change and create all tables, but who has not the right to change or create tablespaces) and create table-user who will be granted the select right by the table-administrator.

       salut d'Allemagne kr

les chats cont les vrais hédonistes
et devraient être donc notre idéal.

 karsten reincke [ 0541/9696223 ]
 kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 02:37:34 CDT