Re: Table ownership

From: Satish <somasatish_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jul 1999 18:26:57 -0500

Hi,

As per my knowledge.. u cannot setup only select privilege... b'cos by default Oracle sets up all the privilege owned by the user for any objects created..

Only for other user's u can set it up...

But i can still give u one alternate option i don't know wether it helps u or not... why don't u create a view on the table with one more subquery just as select * from... and just use the view only for selecting rather than any other purpose...

Hope it might help u...
Satish

Alan Lee <tienlee_at_mailexcite.com> wrote:
>Is is possible to have only select privilege
on the owner tables ?>I don't want the owner to have insert and delete privilege on his
>own tables. I tried to set system privilege
to select any but