Re: Linux -v- NT for 8.0.5 + OAS 4.0.7 + Apache/IIS ??

From: Jenni G <JenniG_at_nowhere.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:40:21 GMT

Expect load is likely to be very light and increase steadily until I can no longer sustain it on such a small box.

I'm wondering what you mean by 'super mission critical'. Does this mean that you feel that this approach is not robust? I understand that Apache modules can bring down the web server if they're buggy, so I'm a little hesitant to use this method.

Maybe I should start with CGI implementations, migrate them to modules after they've been exercised, then migrate to OAS after the loading becomes sufficient to distribute amongst multiple servers.... Also, the CORBA architecture is desirable (for me) in the long haul as I intend to implement a distributed application that compliments the web server.

How about the dependability of Java -v- Perl (on Linux)?

Thanks for your comments, and any others, JG.