How To List Duplicate Records ?..

From: Angelica Veron <Faro_at_globalserve.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 17:23:57 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I have the following table called Customer....

SQL> desc customer;

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 CUST_ID                         NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 RELMGR_ID                                NUMBER(15)
 HH_HOUSEHOLD_ID                 NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 CUST_HIST_ID                    NOT NULL NUMBER(15)
 CUST_NUM                        NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)
 CUST_FIRST_NAME                          VARCHAR2(40)
 CUST_LAST_NAME                           VARCHAR2(40)
 CUST_REL_MGR_ASSIGN_DATE                 DATE
 CUST_RB_REL_MGR_FLAG                     CHAR(1)
 CUST_BIRTHDATE                           DATE
 CUSTOMER_ADD_RUN                NOT NULL NUMBER
 CUSTOMER_UPD_RUN                NOT NULL NUMBER
 CUST_CURRENT_FLAG                        CHAR(1)
 BEGIN_DATE                               DATE

SQL> select count(*) from customer;

 COUNT(*)

  1311351

        This table was recently created, and I need to check for the existance of records with differing CUST_ID's but have the same CUST_NUM. Overall, I need to locate all records which have the same CUST_NUM, but different CUST_ID's , and the CUST_CURRENT_FLAG has to equal 'Y' (meaning they are current). Does anyone know which query will list such duplicate records for me ??... any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

     Friendly Regards,
     Angelica Veron
     Faro_at_globalserve.net