Re: Change SID ?

From: Ron Loxton <rloxton_at_minervatech.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:48:09 -0400

Been a while since I've done this, but here goes:

BACKUP your database. You never know what may happen.

From server manager execute the command:

            alter database backup controlfile to trace; This will create a trace file that can be easily modified to run as a SQL script. Edit this file change the SID and save as a SQL scipt. Shutdown the database.
Rename and modify your init<SID>.ora file to reflect the new SID. Rename to control files (just in case you need them back) Startup the database nomount
Run the script and you should be in business. BACKUP your database again.