Oracle8i Please Direct me in the right direction

From: AcD|ChAoS <justices_at_jump.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:56:38 -0500

Hi,
I just downloaded Oracle8i because i thought it would be the solution for all my database and website problems. However, i have never had any previous contact with databases of any sort and no knowledge of SQL. I have 3 weeks to get this ecommerce site up and running. I know, I know, I'm a fool looking for a quick solution, but this has been dumped on me and I have no choice but to follow through. It took me 4 hours to figure out how to even turn on the database. My questions are as follows if anyone feels gracious enough to help me:
1. After I installed WebDB it asked me to "Please include an entry named WEBDB in c:\Oracle\WebDB2\net80\admin\tnsnames.ora" I have no idea what this means or why. I think it has something to do with why I cant login to the database from the website. The website addy is www.xpresstickets.com for people that would like to see the exact message it gives me. The pass and username don't matter because even when I enter the correct one in it says the same thing.

2. I need a good quick reference for dummies type book that will outline getting started with this thing. I know about the getting started documentation that comes with it, but I need something that doesnt assume you already have experience with oracle.

Thanks in advance for any help:)

Shannon Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 12:56:38 CDT