HELP -

From: Ed Jacobs <jacobse_at_mscd.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 10:08:57 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to secure a Web application using OAS 3.x with the users Oracle Username and Password. Is there a function in Oracle that I can run to test the entered password with the encrypted oracle password? Another Idea I was trying was to use DBMS_SQL.Parse to parse "connect" | C_Username | '/' | C_Password and check for a sql error (if this procedure worked then the username/password entered is correct...).

Any Ideas?

Ed Jacobs
Metro State College
jacobse_at_mscd.edu Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 11:08:57 CDT