Re: Which is better, Oracle or Sybase?

From: Andrew Singer <als48_at_pantheon.yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:37:35 -0400

If you're asking me, then I have no experience with either. That's okay, however, because we will have our own DBA doing the maintainance, and the people who actually work with the database will know what they're doing. I'd be curious to know what your opinion is on the matter! Thanks a lot.

-Andy

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Wuchun Shen wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, how many experience you have for either one?
>
> tmgn wrote:
>
> > I will go for Oracle for it's diversity,versatility,Data Concurrency,Enhanced
> > Internet Capabilities, Higher TPS ,DataWarehousing, Scalability, Multi
> > Platform Support, Integration with Applications , Web Servers etc etc
> > etc.....
> >
> > -Thiru
> >
> > Andrew Singer wrote:
> >
> > > Hey, I'm a Yalie interning for Trade Show News Network. I've been
> > > assigned to determine which database my company should choose: Oracle or
> > > Sybase. If anyone has any tips or advice, I will gladly forward you
> > > information about TSNN, which is at www.tsnn.com, fyi, to help you
> > > determine what kind of a company we are, how many hits we receive, etc.
> > >
> > > Thank you so much!!!
> > >
> > > -Andy

> > > Andrew Singer
> > > 300 W 108 St, Apt 1A
> > > NY, NY 10025
> > > (212)864-3515

Andrew Singer
300 W 108 St, Apt 1A
NY, NY 10025
(212)864-3515 Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 11:37:35 CDT