Oracle Objects (Netware)

From: <sjwelch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:23:57 GMT

Help,

I have several questions regarding the Oracle8 (5 user bundle on NetWare)

I have obtained a copy of the Oracle 8 5-user edition from a Novell Workshop Tour. I am currently getting to know the product, but have run into several problems regarding the objects option.

The version numbers are:- Server:8.0.3.0.6 and PL/SQL:8.0.3.0.2 Running on an Intranetware 4.11 Server

I have been working through the Object-Relational approach detailed in the Oracle8 Server Application Developer's Guide.(What is the general consensus on this type of approach: is it recommended, or should one stick with the more traditional relational-only development?)

I am unable to create any Object type using the supplied Windows NT client s/w, and the SQL*Plus tool. The version number of the tool is 8.0.3.0.0. However I can create the object types using the svrmgr tool at the Netware Console (SVRMGR30.NLM version 3.0.3.0.3).

I cannot add the PL/SQL method declarations for the object types under either tool. Its as if both tools don't fully support the Objects option.

Any help greatfully appreciated

Regards

Stephen Welch

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 11:23:57 CDT