Installing OAS problems

From: William Shenfield <william.shenfield_at_crowntech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 19:24:42 +0100

Hi,

Help - I have been trying to install the Version 4.0.7 of the Oracle Application Server on an NT V.4 with service pack 5. I already have the Oracle8.0.5 Enterprise Edition Installed and working, so I'm sharing sharing the ORACLE HOME.

Every time I install OAS and try to start it the ORB fails to load, via the http gui I receive the following message:

   OWS-20214: The OAS process can not be started, because the CORBA orb    processes can not be started.

When starting by hand "owsctl start -T -orb", the following error message is displayed:

Waiting for ORB to be ready....
ORB not responding, please restart manually...

Using oasnetconf util to display network params etc... reports the following error:

       Error: Unable to read site.app. or site.app corrupted.

Any help in getting the OAS started will be appreciated,

Regards William.

PS: This is running on a local network with DNS, so no domain name if this

       is important. Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 13:24:42 CDT