Install Oracle 8.0.5

From: Timpie <tim.schelfhout_at_alcatel.be>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:22:51 +0200

Hello there,

I'm trying to install Oracle enterprise server 8.0.5.0 on a HP-UX 9000/826 server running HP-UX 11.00.
Since this system doesn't have a cdrom attached to it I tried NFS mounting the Oracle install cd from
another HP.
First I tried with a regular mount (no rockridge format) and that worked, but then I get errors when trying to run the ORAINST.,1 script. It complains about my TERM setting. When I mount the cd as it should (with pfs_mount) and then try to export it for nfs mounts I get the following error: # exportfs -i -o ro /cdrom
exportfs error: /cdrom: Too many levels of remote in path

????

Does anyone know if it's possible to install Oracle from a remote mounted CD ? Else I'm gonna have to
install one on the system.

Thanks a bunch

Tim Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 09:22:51 CDT