Problems with DBMS_LOB package!!!

From: Michael King <mkrol_at_tukan.internet-info.com.pl>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 14:14:52 GMT

Hi!
I notice something strange in Oracle8 system. Before execute PL/SQL code, I created directory "www" on path c:\temp, where existed binary file ziemia.bmp( size of file large than 38kB). This is PL/SQL code:

declare
  w binary_integer;
  b bfile;
  r long raw;
begin
 b:=bfilename('www','ziemia.mp');
 w:=dbms_lob.getlength(b);
 dbms_lob.fileopen(b);
 dbms_lob.read(b,w,1,r); -- error in 2 parametr  commit;
 dbms_lob.closefile(b);
end;

When I wanted read the file from file system ( I used DBMS_LOB.READ function), the system returned the error. According the system parametr w is: invalid or out of range. In my opinion this is stupid. Maybe I am wrong.

Any sugg.. !!!

Michal Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 09:14:52 CDT