Re: Oracle / Red Hat 6 install - nearly there now!

From: Frank Bauer <info_at_office-tech.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:30:30 +0200

> Do I have to install sqlplus, and tns listeners, as separate packages from
> within the installer prog? (I have just installed the server and the
server
> docs, as per the instructions).

TNS-Listener is strongly needed for connecting to the database from clients....
and I think you have to install SQL-Plus too, but I don't know if Oracle works without installing that.

We've installed Oracle 8.0.5.1 Enterprise Ed. on Linux SUSE 6.0 (2.0.36) and after hours it works now fine...;-)

HTH
Frank Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 06:30:30 CDT