Re: Oracle 8.0.5-LINUX install problem

From: TwoSheds <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:01:27 -0000

Hello Robert,

It looks like you're half a week behind me, I got an answer to the very same question on Friday.
Someone ('Ian', thankyou) pointed me to this URL: http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/index.html

This contains far better instructions than Oracle's, and brought much relief to me after spending far too long investigating, questioning and shouting at my machine.
You do need a patch, despite what Oracle's site says.

Let me know how it goes, as you'll probably hit the next problem, which I've just posted a message about ( "Oracle / Red Hat 6 install - nearly there now" 11:25AM ).