Re: WebDB Can't login

From: <wwwdb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 06:45:18 GMT

Hi Dale,

I still have this problem, but try the following:

wait with first try of connection for about one minute after reboot. If that doesn't help, stopp the WebDB Listener and restart again. If this doesn't help, stopp the TNS Listener and restart.

Latest after that I got the connection again. For me it looks like a bug :-) but maybe someone has a better idea ?!?

HTH
Marco

In article <7lmmv4$chs$1_at_iceman.tac.net>,   wityshyn_at_telusplanet.net (Dale Wityshyn) wrote:
> I finally got webdb installed on my NT machine with Oracle 8.1.5.
>
> I have them installed in separate ORACLE_HOMES.
>
> I initially was getting a TNS error and fixed it by configuring the
proper
> TNSNAMES.ORA file for Net80.
>
> Now when I try to connect to http://myhost/WebDB/ I get the login
prompt
> and try to login as WEBDB/WEBDB or SYS but end up getting a page
saying
> "Database Log In Failed.".
>
> I can log in just fine with sqlplus.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dale Wityshyn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 01:45:18 CDT