Re: Turning off RECO

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:50:48 +0200

Hi Doug,
As to your last question : yes, they are. These are the processes running your jobs. Snapshots get updated to the job mechanism too. Actually, first there were snapshots, and then Oracle decided to make the dbms_job available on a general basis. I wouldn't turn them off! As to RECO, that's more difficult because there are no explicit parameter settings. Probably if you decrease open_links to 0 and do the same with distributed_recovery_lock_timeout it will disappear. This process is trusted the task of distributed recovery.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA