Beginner over his head!

From: Mark Stepanek <mstepanek_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 15:48:21 GMT

Hi,
I have been running Personal Oracle 7.3.3 for about a year and a half now on my Win 95 machine as the database for a 3rd party software application. To be honest, I have had to do very little with PO7 as it has worked flawlessly since I installed it. I have run scripts to update and add new tables/constraints, etc. but all pretty minor stuff.

Now I need to move the entire database to a new NT4.0 machine and am asking for a little advice how best to do it. With Oracle being Oracle, I don't suppose there would be a single button command to perform this would there? :) The Win95 and NT machine are networked together. Is it best in this case to re-install the PO7 on the NT then import all of my data from the existing database? The database is not very large as only I have been putting data into it. I though about just keeping it on the Win95 machine and running it from the NT machine but I really need to move up to the NT system for speed and storage reasons. Any help is much appreciated.

Mark Received on Sun Jul 04 1999 - 10:48:21 CDT