Re: Enterprise Manager 2.0 question

From: <colemanx_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 00:33:09 GMT

In article <7lj7i5$itf$1_at_news.aros.net>,   "Chris Call" <chris_at_cis.com> wrote:
> Traditionally, OEM has installed on the client workstation and has
acted in
> a client/server way. OEM 2.0 is supposed to be totally web enabled
to allow
> access to those who need it. Where is the OEM software and
cooresponding
> management packs installed now? I guess there is some sort of
Management
> server that handles requests and farms them out to the respective
> Intelligent Agent. Does the Management server have to be on a
separate
> machine than the database or client? If there is no client side
install of
> OEM 2.0, are there different ports for different operating systems,
or does
> everything live in the database like WebDb? Thanks for the help....
>
> Chris

Chris,

 Good guess if you've never seen OEM2 :-) Yes, the version I've used is installed on the server side, but also includes an option for it to be accessed from any web enabled client machine. It doesn't live in the database, but instead is just a "site" on the server, being dealt with by whatever webserver you want to configure it for. In case you're wandering, the "option" to access it this way is just a 68Mb zip file...

Coleman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 03 1999 - 19:33:09 CDT