Re: Rename field name in a table

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 21:38:16 GMT

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:55:33 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>This question must have been answered numerous times.
> ....[SNIP]....
>Remember, it's always in the next version!"
>Back to serious mode: this proverb applies to your question too. It's in
>Oracle 8i.
>In older version you need to build a view, or do it the hard way.

Sybrand,

AFAIK Oracle8i (at least up to 8.1.5) provides only DROP COLUMN clause in the ALTER TABLE command. There is (still) no such thing as RENAME COLUMN or something similar.

Regards,

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sat Jul 03 1999 - 16:38:16 CDT