Re: Linux -v- NT for 8.0.5 + OAS 4.0.7 + Apache/IIS ??

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 08:22:36 GMT

> Recent benchmarks (last month or so) show that Oracle on Linux is many
times
> faster than Oracle on NT. This has been my real world experience as
well.
> (I manage two NT Oracle Servers, One Linux and One Solaris)
>
> In general, be wary of benchmarks, especially those which are paid for
by a
> vendor of what is being benchmarked.

Yes, we all know about benchmarks, and manipulation of benchmarks, and companies that sponsor benchmarks etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

The man asked for advice on oracle/web server.

Fact: Linux has a limititation in the *operating system* that makes it slower than NT specifically related to the serving of web pages. NT doesn't have this limitation.

This I pointed out in my original post. which maybe you didn't read properly.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 03 1999 - 03:22:36 CDT