Re: ANALYZE Command

From: Just Visting <guest_at_example.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 22:49:35 GMT

In the past the cost based optimizer made some REAL BAD "choices". At which revision level of Oracle would you be 95% confident that the statement below is true & reliable?

For which versions (older than 7.x.y.z?) would the rule-based optimizer typically yield better results than the cost optimizer?