Re: query tuning using tkprof80

From: student <ennaadu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 21:27:54 GMT

In article <377ced1d.25100082_at_news.salink.net>,   franz.mueller_at_orbis.de (Franz Mueller) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to trace the queries from a given app. How can I make a
> trace file that I could later analyze with "tkprof80"?
> If I try the "dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid,serial,true)" I
> get a "identifier must be declared" error message. What is wrong?
>
> Thank you
> Franz

Hi franz,
  login as sys or system and try " alter session set sql_trace=true;". Prior to that you need to set up the value for the parameter user_dump_dest in init.ora file. The trace files will be created in the directory you mention in user_dump_dest. Before executing a statement you can enable this tracing and then turn it off.. analyze using tkprof.. hope this suggestion helps..

EN Nadu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 16:27:54 CDT