Problem with sqlload and indexes under Oracle 8.0.5

From: <dalmond14_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:35:58 GMT

We are populating an Oracle 8.0.5 database with data by perfoming a series of sqlloads. Prior to this the indexes are been dropped. When the load is complete the indexes are added back on. The indexes create fine, with no errors, but when we run queries against them the indexes are not used, a full table scan is done instead. If we then go into server manager and flush the shared pool, or bounce the database; bingo the indexes come into use again. Has anyone seen anything like this before, and give us a lead on what to tweak before we go crazy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 12:35:58 CDT