Re: ANALYZE Command

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:12:21 GMT

Hi -

I want to re-iterate what Vinod said in this thread.

Either you analyze all the tables in your SQL statement or none at all, especially the tables that are joined in creating a view.

We got bitten by this a while ago. Selecting from a view took almost 2 hours where as before we analyzed 1 of the 4 joined tables for the view it took only seconds. One of the joined table that was not analyzed had about 1 million rows.

Suresh Bhat
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

flowerss_at_my-deja.com wrote in article <7lgg0t$mpk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...