Re: Multiple instances with NT

From: Tony Adolph <tonyadolph_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 13:14:19 GMT

That worked a treat, thanks Alex. My oracle db is now renamed and I now need to create the second instance, but how do I connect to it. In Unix I would set ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME and connect internal, but there are no environment vars regarding Oracle at on the box. I've not been very descriptive of the problem here, but I think you know what I mean ?!... And how does oracle know which SID to connect to if there are two instance running (without listener and tnsnames.ora)?

Thanks again Alex,

Regards
Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 08:14:19 CDT