Re: Q: Identify indexes which are no longer used ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:05:23 +0100

That's given me a cute idea for abusing the system:

If you have Oracle 8, and aren't yet using the 3 buffer pools, allocate some space to the keep pool, and allocate a suspect index to the keep pool.

If you then do

    select set_ds,count(*) from x$bh group by set_ds at the end of each day, you can see if ANY blocks get into the keep pool - if so they have to be your index, if not then your index is not being used.

--

Jonathan Lewis