Using type <typename> is table

From: Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 16:33:56 +0530

Hi ,
In a stored procedure i am using the following statement in the declarative part

Type maxnumtype is table of number index by binary_integer.; maxnum maxnumtype;

I am assigning some values to this type using some for loops. for i in 1..100 loop

    maxnum(i)=i+10;
end loop;

Now my question is how do i find the maximum value between maxnum(1) and maxnum(10),maxnum(11) and maxnum(20) and so on .. WITHOUT USING A FOR LOOP.
I have to find the maximum in these range and insert into a particlar table.

Currently i have created a table where i insert the values and then find the maximum using the max function,but feel that it is a overhead. If any of you can suggest a solution to the above problem or some other method i will be very greatful.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks
anurag

reply at
anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 06:03:56 CDT