URGENT! Problems with P08 and Dev 1.6

From: Maria T <martin.proctor_at_DELETEcapgemini.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:05:11 +0100

Can I connect to P08 with Developer 1.6?

 Installed P08.0.4 no problems. I installed 'Oracle Networking Products  2.3.4.0.2' also to get SQL*Net 2. Database starts OK.  I then install developer 1.6 and now the database wont start. I get  The ORA804.dll file is linked to missing export NLSRTL33.dll:lxnrpc  What on earth does that mean?

 Phoned Oracle support he informed me developer to be installed into separate
 Oracle Home. Done this and now get the following when starting db

 ORA-12203 Cannot attach to Oracle8

 There MUST be a simple solution to this surely? Any help greatly appreciated Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 06:05:11 CDT