location of init<sid> file

From: Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 16:24:41 +0530

Hi,
The default location of the init<sid>.ora file is \orant\databases. When i created my database i specified some other location of this file. Now the problem is on an NT server with all the oracle services set as Automatic the database still doesnt come up by itself when rebooting NT .I have to specify the path of my parameter file to bring up the database. But if i put my parameter file under \orant\databases then the database comes up automatically while rebooting. my question is how to configure the database to come up automatically when the parameter file is at some other place other than oracle home.

anurag

reply at
anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 05:54:41 CDT