Re: My oratab file look dodgy?

From: robie <rlaarhoven_at_sql-integrator.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:50:31 +1000

Hello,

the syntax is :

sid:oracle_home:startup

sid= system identfier, the name that you use to acces the database oracle_home=the directory where the oracle-software is installed startup = Y or N : start the database automaticly on startup of the machine.

So,
- If you did not create a default database while installing the software the first option is OK.
- The second option should be filled
- The third option is OK

example
db1:/disk1/app/oracle/product/8.0.5:N

Rob.

kev heeft geschreven in bericht <377CD2CB.B6686A92_at_fast.no>...