Oracle WAS 4.0.7 on Sun Solaris : HELP

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_fundu.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 18:31:08 -0500

Hi guys,
  I have installed oracle 8.0.5 on a a Sun Solaris (2.7). I installed OAS 4.0.7 also on the same machine. The NodeManager starts up fine, but the wrb does not start. When I try to do a owsctl start -w all, I get the following message :

unable to make address : IP://minime.fun.com:2649 Error:YT:EXCEPTION :: BADPARAM NOSUCHADDR
This repeats a couple of times and then I get orb cannot be started, Please start manually.

Iam guessing this a patch issue. In NT with 4.0.7 i used to get the orb cannot be started message and the patch fixed it. Has anyone dealt with this one before ?

I have tried a reinstall also, but it is back to the same thing.

Appreciate any help you guys can provide

Thanks
Ven Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 18:31:08 CDT