Re: Backup and Recovery

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:21:30 -0500

lauracampos_at_yahoo.com wrote in message <7lgbpe$l0e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>My company wants me to create some backup and recovery procedures for
>our server. Our server has Oracle8 Enterprise Edition 8.0.5.0.0 for
>Windows NT 4.0. We will be backing up three instances to tape and are
>currently running in noarchivelog mode. I wanted to know if there is a
>backup and recovery procedures template that I could use as a guideline.
>If anyone has a template please email me at: camposlm_at_navair.navy.mil.

Since you are running in noarchivelog mode, backup and recovery is at it's easiest.

To back up:

  Bring down all instances.
  Copy the files using NT Dos commands or your backup utility.   Startup your instances.

To recover:

  Bring down your instance(s).
  Copy the backup files to their original location.   Bring up the instance.

That's it!

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 18:21:30 CDT