Re: Oracle jdbc driver

From: C. <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:16:48 -0700

Hi,
  I have 8.0.4, JDK 1.2, solaris 2.6 running. I don't have oraclesdk8.1.6 jdbc this drivers for jdk1.2.
I have the classes111.zip (thin driver) obtained out of the jdbc80406-sol.zip file. The classes111.zip is the driver for jdk1.1+ so it works with 1.2. There is no oracle driver that I could find that states it works specifically for jdk1.2.

You've confused me with the different products. Terminology: JDK1.2 Sun terminology. OracleSDK8.1.6 jdbc thin driver for JDK 1.2, oracle terminology? That driver should be bundled in a classes111.zip file to be consistent with what you download from Oracle's free download area. What really confused me is when you stated "JdbcCheckup.java, a sample program that
comes along with jdk1.2 ...". Not with the JDK1.2 you get from Sun Microsystems...

So, to answer your question, on solaris wherever you are attempting to compile, the javac compiler is telling you it can't find the driver. Try javac -classpath .:/$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip JdbcCheckup.java

Hope that helps,
Cindy