Re: Rumours

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:00:10 +0100

The question of how Oracle stores the date is not relevant. The point is: which database versions are deemed to be year 2000 compliant for support purposes, and the message delivered to the Unix SIG of the UKOUG by the official Oracle rep a short time ago was that for many platforms 7.3.4 is it.

Naturally this caused a significant amount of grief since many of the attendees had completed their Year 2000 testing based on the statement made about a year ago that support purposes 7.3.3 was the target version.

--

Jonathan Lewis (Chairman UKOUG Unix SIG) Yet another Oracle-related web site: www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk