Re: NT Server and domain !

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:39:41 +0200

Hi Luc
Ideally Oracle should not reside on either a PDC or a BDC because of the overhead.
You don't need a DNS server as long as
you have a valid
winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
The minimal entry of course is
127.0.0.1 localhost, but then you will be unable to connect from other clients.
Post your listener.ora and we will have a look at it. I resolved a problem today in a listener.ora with two tcp sections, both on port 1521 and 1526. That will not work either.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA