Re: Urgent - in the middle of Oracle/Linux install

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:33:28 +0200

Hi Kev
The procedure should have created both the spool file and the redo log files associated to the database.
Could you verify the directories are owned by oracle, in the group dba and they are writable by Oracle
(usually chmod 477)
You can't ignore the error, the database will not work without the redo log files

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker,

Oracle DBA